A couple quick thoughts:
- A Thai baby on an airplane speaks the same language as an American baby on an airplane.
- After going through airport security in XXXXXX, it’s apparent this country doesn’t see itself as a serious terrorist target . . . or else doesn’t care.
- It's odd that I can write this on Thursday the 10th and post it real time on Wednesday the 9th. (the oddity of a spinning globe).
- Sitting with an 84 year old missionary who has been here for 60 years. A single nurse, she came here in 1951 when she was 24 and didn’t leave. More later.
- In every conversation the need here (and in countries nearby) is the same: trained and equipped leaders!
- We are three years ahead of any timetable we imagined could be possible. I can hardly grasp it let alone explain it.
- I’ve made some significant mistakes in this area in the past (like going grocery shopping on an empty stomach) but one of my keenest gifts has been my ability to “see a leader.” I sat with a brother yesterday and my whole insides knew it, “It will be worth my life in the Kingdom to wash this man’s feet.”
- Yesterday alone was worth the trip.
Where am I? In a small town that I can’t pronounce or spell. Feeling like I was dropped from the sky into the eye of a spiritual tornado. It’s calm where I am sitting but the work of God around me is a fierce and powerful unseen wind picking up buildings and people and governments in its wake.